Thursday, October 23, 2008

A quick note about the Senate race.

I'm just going to come out and say that I'm voting for Gordon Smith. It's not that I dislike Merkley per se. I think he did real well with Habitat for Humanity, one of my favorite charities. I just think, his positions while serving in the state legislature that he's willing to do anything the Democrats want rather that what is best for his constituents.

I am however, disgusted with this race. Why is it, every time Gordon Smith runs for office, or runs for re-election that race sets new state records for negitive ads, money spent on the campaigns and what not? I can't stand either of their ads.

So why Smith? As much as I hate to admit it, I think it's best to send experience to US Senate. He knows how to work the system, as much as I hate that system...

No comments: